The Diamond of the Day (May 13, 2014): “In a land of myth and a time of magic…”
It’s almost that time of year again!
5x13, May 13th, is a Tuesday. Don’t let it pass in silence! Here are some ideas for how to celebrate (perhaps mourn would be a better word) the day:
- Write a fic! You’ve got over a month, you can at LEAST get out a decent one shot in that time. Submit the link to this blog and I’ll even rec it for you.
- Make a gif or edit! Let’s relive every heartbreaking, painful moment of Merlin and Arthur’s parting over and over again! Again, feel free to submit your work.
- Paint/draw something! Showcase your talent, fix the ending, analyze their facial expressions, anything you like! Submit your lovely work when it’s done if you like.
- Submit a rec! Write a review of a fic (try something a little less well known), or a mini fic list (like a fic playlist to get through the day!), send it to me and I’ll post it!
- Make a playlist! Submit an 8tracks link or whatever floats your boat. Whatever it is, I’ll rec it if you want me to.
- Marathon Season 5! I’m planning to. Just sit on the couch, drink some tea, eat a cookie, and cry for a while. Shoosh, it’s gonna be ok. He won’t be dead forever.
- Send your favorite blogger a reassuring anon! You know, along the lines of “friendly reminder that Arthur’s last words were thank you!” or “friendly reminder that Merlin has to wander the earth alone for 2 thousand years!”
Anyway, the point is, get ready because it’s coming and it’s coming fast. I’m not sure what I’ll be doing yet, but hopefully it will be magnificent.
This isn’t limited to Merthur, any pairing is welcome, though I do ask that you focus on the Merlin characters rather than the actors. No RPF unless it’s reincarnation. Thanks!
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!
I suppose it’s only common sense to make a tag, so let’s make the May 13th tag
I’d also love to hear your plans! Feel free to message me (I promise I’ll reply privately if you like) or make a post in the tag (which I’m tracking).
What if magic chooses you? // magic!Gwen AU
Fans of BBC fantasy series Merlin will remember Colin Morgan as the boy wizard who headed up the young Camelot mob, looking ever so slightly Hobbitish as he went about his business. Over a year since the series finale and, a National TV Award later, the Northern Irish actor has landed his next big TV gig: a lead role in the second series of BBC thriller The Fall, co-starring Gillian Anderson and Jamie Dornan.
Confirmed to join the series from episode three, Morgan will play DS Tom Anderson, an officer who is drafted in to help hunt down Phil Spector (Dornan), the serial killer who managed to bypass the police investigation headed up by DS Stella Gibson (Anderson) at the end of series one. He will be joined by another newcomer, Bronagh Taggart (London Irish), who will also play a main role.
The crime thriller, currently filming in Belfast, was a hit with critics when it debuted last May on BBC2 and marked the channel’s biggest drama launch in eight years. Dornan, currently appearing in Channel 4’s historical drama New Worlds, has gone on to land the role of Christian Grey in Sam Taylor Wood’s film adaptation of E L James’ novel Fifty Shades of Grey. Anderson will next appear in a sold-out Young Vic production of A Streetcar Named Desire starting in July.Morgan, who began his career in theatre, was last year voted the person TV viewers would most like to see play Doctor Who in a Radio Times poll. On being signed up for The Fall, he said: “I’m delighted to be joining the cast of The Fall for what is going to be an exciting and gripping second series. Allan Cubitt has written some exceptional material.”